In a study published on May 28th, 2013, McAfee explores the online disconnect between parents and pre-teens, teens and young adults.
Here are some of the study's findings that every online parent should know:
Almost all (95%) young people have at least one social media account. (ages 10-23)
• 87% check their account daily.
• 79% of parents believe this to be true.
• 44% check their account constantly.
• 32% of parents believe this to be true
• Only 9% of parents are aware of this
• 13% have been a victim of cruel behavior. (ages 10-23)
• Only 6% of parents are aware of this.
• Only 44% of young people agree
To read the full study, click here.
Download our infographic to get advice on how to keep your kids safe and happy online: “Safety Net: A Parent’s Guide to Internet and Mobile Safety.”